Boys Book Club
Magic Tree House: Revolutionary War on Wednesday
The boys played an energy filled game of Patriots vs. Redcoats, drew George Washington portraits, learned about weapons of the Revolutionary War, and of course discussed the book with excitement. Have I mentioned before that I love doing book club?


Dodge Ball and Park Fun
Tanner is in a PE class that is doing Dodge Ball this month! He absolutely loves it! But what kid doesn't? Dodge Ball was definitely my favorite recess activity as an elementary student. It was also my favorite game to play with my class when I taught fifth grade. There must be a mean streak in me somewhere that really enjoys this aggressive sport!


While the big ones play Dodge Ball, we take the little ones to the Duck pond at the park. Hunter was looking forward to eating lunch with the ducks. He saved his sandwich all day so he could eat while he was feeding the ducks.
After we ran out of bread for the ducks, the boys found this cement slide that they played on and laughed on forever. They thought it was so great to slide down something that was not meant to be a slide.


After PE class was over, the big kids joined us at the duck pond but were more interested in catching fish than feeding ducks. They spent a good 4o minutes circling the pond as a herd of boys trying to catch a fish with no rod or bait. Good thing they didn't catch anything because I certainly wouldn't know what to do with it!


I love my boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment