Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Boys and Nature!

I took the scouts to the local Nature Center for a field trip.  It was great!  Our tour guides planned all the activities around earning the wildlife conservation belt loop (which was so nice for me) and they were excellent!  I think the boys all had a good time, except maybe one who wasn't too keen on snakes. 

Making animal tracks...


Getting to pet some reptiles...






This blue tongued skink was my favorite, a lizard that looked more like a snake with arms and legs and had a bright blue tongue!  Too bad I couldn't borrow him for a day to scare the pants off Ladd!  

Nature Hike
 where we saw owl pellets along the path!

 Hooray for my great group of scouts and all the nature that can be found in Fontana! 

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Wow! Great experience and you didn't have to do all the planning...yea! Love, Grandma