Saturday, September 29, 2012

Birthday Bear

My baby boy turned 6 today!  Hunter has been such a blessing to our family.  He is my cuddle bear.  I love putting him to bed at night because I am guaranteed a tight hug, lots of kisses, and lots of "I love you's".  He has turned out to have a witty sense of humor and can always make me laugh.  He loves Superheroes and I know he will one day save the planet from all injustices!  Hunter is 100% boy!  He has developed his own testimony of the Gospel and talks about Gospel principles he is learning in his everyday conversations.  He is right in the middle of a sibling sandwich and he is a devoted, dedicated younger brother and a fun-loving, adoring older brother.  I am so proud of this sweet little guy and am looking forward to all the learning and growing this little man has in front of him!  

We have a tradition of waking up to a huge birthday poster at our house...

Hunter wanted to go to Rain Forest Cafe for his birthday meal with grandparents...
 because they have a yummy volcano cake there!
 Even Charity got to enjoy the "nummy" cake!
 Hunter opened a few gifts at the restaurant


 Then we headed back to our house where cousins joined us for cake and ice cream!
Hunter requested a Ninjago cake this year.  He wanted Floyd in his bad guy outfit.  The boys like to keep my mom on her toes when it comes to designing birthday cakes!  Thanks mom for dedicating so much time and energy to my kids birthday cakes.  It is a fun tradition!


 Messy black frosting enjoyed by all!


More presents!

 I think this was the cutest present!

We love you Hunter, Happy 6th Birthday! 

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday to the sweetest 6 year old! He truly is the huggiest kid around! Love that boy and glad he enjoyed his day of celebration...I love it when birthdays actually fall on Saturdays! Love, Grandma

Bethany said...

Happy birthday to Hunter!

Love the last pic there of Charity, and love her walking pics, too!