Friday, September 20, 2013

Land of Milk and Honey, Closing Presentations

At the end of each unit of study, we meet together with our school group and each of the kids present something about what they've done.  It is a fun way to celebrate all they've done and learn from one another.  Both of my boys were doing Pilgrim presentations, so we decided to go all out and go as a Pilgrim family.  It was fun and I was really impressed with the outcome of our costumes!  It's amazing what scissors and an old sheet can do!  I tried talking them into being Pilgrims for Halloween, but Tan said he would only do it if he could be a Zombie Pilgrim.  My answer was a simple, No!


Hunter wrote a book called "Pilgrims Sailing to America" and shared it for his presentation.

Here is a video of his presentation.

Tanner shared his giant drawing of the Mayflower and read a short story he wrote about the Pilgrims.  
Here is his video link.

Both of the boys did a great job.  They stayed in character and even used an English accent while they were speaking.  Here are all the goofy presenters...



 Some of the families in our group live in Utah, we got to watch their video presentations on the big screen!  It was fun to see what our faraway friends learned about!

 It wouldn't be a school gathering without something to eat!  The boys and I made pilgrim hats...


And the "B" Family made these adorable Jell-o treats

and a healthier version of the Mayflower...


 Good Times! 



1 comment:

Ruth said...

What a fun gathering! I loved the costumes and the presentations were great! I especially loved how Tanner was not "phased" by the baby pilgrim interruptions. Tell Tanner I want to see his Mayflower and Hunter that I want to see his book. Also, I may borrow some of those cute food ideas for my classroom. Loved it! Love, Grandma