This week, we learned about the Pilgrims and there happened to be a Tall Ship Festival in Dana Point this weekend. I couldn't pass it up! I LOVE it when things like that happen at the same time we are learning about it! So, Friday afternoon we headed out to see the Tall Ship parade. We met up with some homeschooling friends and it made for a very nice evening. The kids had fun playing on the rocks and on the beach while we waited for the parade to start...
The ships sailed past our beautiful lookout spot, and then fired a cannon or two at us!
Charity was stuck to me as soon as the first cannon was shot! She is pretty fearless, unless it has to do with fire or loud noise!
Afterwards, we stopped by Ladd's sister Lawni's house who is only about 20 minutes away. It was fun to see her cute family and meet her adorable new German Shepard puppy! It was a great way to kick off the weekend!

1 comment:
Those ships look very cool. I am glad you got to see them. Love, Grandma
Post a Comment