Sunday, May 10, 2015

Tanner is Twelve!!

 Tanner turned 12 on Thursday.  This is a big one for him because it means getting the Priesthood and NO MORE Primary-he is excited about that one!  On his actual birthday, we were busy with school stuff all day but we did manage to take him out for dinner at Logan's and grandma made a Tanner-legal pumpkin pie for his birthday cake!  


I told him we could do a party since its his twelfth birthday, but he said he'd rather go to the first Republican Primary debates coming up in August at the Reagan Library.  Well, that was slightly out of our price range, so he settled on visiting the Reagan Library with a couple of friends.  Ladd took these 4 handsome young men on Saturday and they spent the whole day there!

Today, Tanner received the priesthood at church.  The Bishop called him up during sacrament and he gave an Article of Faith from memory.  He even went up to sing with the primary kids for Mother's Day.  Today is the only time all three of my kids will be in a primary choir together, so I really appreciate that he sang even though he was already 12 by a few days!  We had family over after church to celebrate our newest Deacon and celebrate Mother's Day.  My mom had to get creative with his cake since normal frosting is a big no-no for Tanner.  This is what she came up with: 
 Perfect for our American Loving Birthday Boy!
 Cake with COUSINS!!

I am so proud of my sweet Tanner.  He has grown into such a responsible, intelligent young man.  Tanner has faced some hard things this year, but is not letting them get him down.  He shows so much self discipline and puts long term goals ahead of short term gratification.  He keeps us laughing and well informed.  I have learned so much from him and can say I am a much better person because of him.  There was no better way for me to celebrate Mother's Day than by seeing my sweet little 4 pound baby receive the Aaronic Priesthood today.  I know that he will make a diligent, service orientated Priesthood Holder.  I am excited to see what is in his future because I know he will do great things!    









1 comment:

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday to Tanner! These 12 years have flown by! I am so proud of you, Tanner, and all your accomplishments! I know this world has great things in store for you! Love, Grandma