Wednesday, May 13, 2015

World News: Japan Edition

Our school group took a trip to Little Tokyo by TRAIN!  I was at hospital with my dad that day, so I missed out.  But, my mom took the boys and they had a great and tiring day!

On the Metro headed to LA...

At the Japanese American Museum...

Shirt origami!


They were divided into an older kids group and a younger kids group-my mom and Hunter went with the younger kids.  The tour guide was excellent!

Outside near a monument...


I had to throw in a picture of my littlest niece, Adeline.  She was born the same day the kids were in Little Tokyo, so it kind of fits in this post!  A 9 pound 12 ounce beauty!

At the end of our Japanese study, we met with Kimie, a lady from Japan.  It was fun to see how much she loved her country and had so much to share with us!  
 Trying on a Kimono...


After talking with Kimie, we did our presentations.  Presentation day happened to be on Tanner's birthday, so we decided to teach the kids about celebrating birthdays in Japan.  Shichi-go-san is a fun festival for 7, 5, and 3 year olds birthday kids!

Fun Friends relaxing after a tough day of presentations!


On Monday, I took my favorite three little ones to the Huntington Library to see the Japanese Gardens.  Tanner is done with his Williamsburg classes for the year, so it is nice having a little more freedom in our schedule to go explore at will! 

We spent a long time at the Koi pond looking at fish and wishing we had food to feed them!

I love the Japanese style architecture and decor.  Simple, clean, and elegant.  



Charity really liked the Mountain Stone art.

This was the boys favorite Bonsai tree...

It was a lovely day with my three cuties!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Melissa! What a fun section. Of course I love Japan. I've never been to the Japanese museum downtown. I'll have to make it down there. Also, I love your Huntington pictures. Another place I need to visit. :)

Ruth said...

More great experiences for my very lucky grandchildren. They have a wonderful teacher! Love, Grandma