Monday, April 21, 2008

Speedway


Saturday was the Kids Fitness Challenge at the California Speedway! We got to race on the actual racetrack with over 5,000 other people! Tanner rode his scooter, while Ladd and I ran along beside him. My mom pushed Hunter in the stroller. When we crossed the finish line, Tanner looked up at me and asks, "Did I win?" His eyes beamed when I told him he was a winner!
After the race, there was a huge party: bounce houses, tons of free giveaways, BMX bike stunt show, visits from Firefighters, etc. By this point, Hunter was "done", so we didn't stay too long. But, it was fun anyways! It was fun running into lots of friends from church.
The purpose of this event is to encourage exercise and making healthy choices among kids. It is totally free and schools with the most participation get money for their school. I think they do this event throughout Southern California, the website is: http://www.fitnesschallengefoundation.org, if you are interested.


3 comments:

Becky said...

You are always doing such fun things! You inspire me to get out and do more.

Stjerne said...

I love you blog. Your kids are way cute. Check out our blog. I just started this blog thing.

The Milligan Blog said...

So, just wanted to let you know that you do such a good job with your blog. It is so cute and put together so nicely!!! You will seriously one day have to help me out w/mine!!!!

P.S. You are such a great mom!!!! :)