Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Brave Beach Trip!


With Ladd gone so much this summer, I had not braved a solo beach trip with the boys. Tanner kept asking about the beach, and I would tell him we would go after Daddy's test (this has become a fairly common answer around our house lately!) But, when a friend invited us to go with her and a few other families, I decided we needed a beach trip! Most of them have double the kids (which means double the stuff), and if they could go to the beach without husbands, so can I!


The highlight of the day was the big hole the kids found. They dug, and dug, and dug to make the hole even wider and deeper.
The goal was to fill it up with water and make it a swimming pool. Too bad sand is so darn absorbant!


Fun was had by all and I learned that going to the beach without a husband is not so bad. A little hard at the end when kids are tired, sandy, and not so cooperative... We had to rush Tanner off to gymnastics as soon as we got home and Hunter was NOT happy (basically lost all sense due to lack of sleep)! But thanks to my wonderful mom, Tanner did not miss his class, and it turned out to be a great day!

3 comments:

Becky said...

After Daddy's test. Yes, that is a familiar phrase. Wish Ladd good luck for us. Chris will be cloistered into a room in the basement tomorrow, poor boy.
I miss the beach...

Rebecca said...

Hi Lad and Melissa. This is Mike and Rebecca Taylor. Saw the blog on Kim Anderson's and wanted to sat hello. You're family is adorable. We have ablog also: http://pattlp.blogspot.com

The Titmi said...

Call me the next time you go!!