Happy Birthday Ladd!!!
On Thursday, Ladd turned 30!! We celebrated by visiting the Huntington Library. (It is free the first Thursday of every month- but you have to order tickets ahead of time through their website!!) We had a great day.



In honor of Ladd's birthday, I want to share how blessed I feel to be his wife. It is so fun being married to your best friend! He always keeps me laughing. Ladd is so intelligent which always makes for interesting conversations around here especially about politics and religion. He is an excellent father and wonderful example. I hope our boys grow up to be like their daddy. I love you Ladd! Happy Birthday!
Saint George Marathon


Yesterday was the big day- The Saint George Marathon! Here are a few of the thoughts running through my head as I was running in the race:
"This drizzle isn't so bad. I will probably really appreciate it in a few hours."
"I feel like a super star running down these big hills."
"Ahh, 26.2 miles of peace and quiet"
"It is really pouring, I can't feel my hands."
"What goes down, must come up. I'll just walk up the hills."
"I am soaked through to the bone. All I want is to get out of the rain. That van looks pretty warm, and they could give me a ride to the finish line..."
"I am so glad my mom said she would keep the boys until tomorrow so I can sleep in!"
"Hmm. My feet really hurt. Ow! So does my knee and my calves..."
"Only 6 miles left. I can do this."
"Three miles left. I can't do this, I want to cry!"
"I made it! I just finished my first and last marathon!"
"I just ran for over 26 miles and I never even warmed up-get me to my warm car!"
I am grateful for all of my friends who trained with me. They all ran so well in the race! I am sad we didn't get a picture all together, but we were all ready to jump in our warm cars and get out of the rain by this point! I am glad Ladd was there to cheer me on and support me all through this. And thank you so much Mom for watching the boys this weekend so I could go torture myself!
"This drizzle isn't so bad. I will probably really appreciate it in a few hours."
"I feel like a super star running down these big hills."
"Ahh, 26.2 miles of peace and quiet"
"It is really pouring, I can't feel my hands."
"What goes down, must come up. I'll just walk up the hills."
"I am soaked through to the bone. All I want is to get out of the rain. That van looks pretty warm, and they could give me a ride to the finish line..."
"I am so glad my mom said she would keep the boys until tomorrow so I can sleep in!"
"Hmm. My feet really hurt. Ow! So does my knee and my calves..."
"Only 6 miles left. I can do this."
"Three miles left. I can't do this, I want to cry!"
"I made it! I just finished my first and last marathon!"
"I just ran for over 26 miles and I never even warmed up-get me to my warm car!"
7 comments:
WOW! I so want to be like you! Great job on doing the marathon! I remember when we lived in St. George how a bunch of crazy :) people would come to town to run that race. You are amazing!
Happy Birthday to Ladd!
I am so proud of you. Next time, let me watch the boys and plan a non-tortuous weekend! We had fun!
Wow. I am impressed. Good work on running a marathon- that is something to be proud of. And what a sweet grandma to take the boys for the weekend and offer another weekend for something more relaxing. Take her up on it quick!
Great job Melissa!!! You are awesome! You'll have to train me to do one! But you have to do it with me k :) You look great out there!
Oh, and I called Ladd on his Bday and left a msg... hopefully you guys got it. Happy Bday Laddy-o!
Happy Belated Birthday Ladd! How is life after law school treating ya?
Melu, you ROCK! I would never attempt a marathon. You should brag about this everywhere you go, just weave it into conversation. For example: Hey Melissa, how are you? Pretty good. Better than the day I ran the marathon. You see? Also, happy birthday Ladd! Funny how people in their thirties don't seem so old anymore, huh?
Post a Comment