A few things I have experienced the last few months:
-I have been cussed at.
-I have been told I am teaching my children to be hateful.
-Some of the yard signs we put out were stolen or vandalized.
-I cried because of some of the hurtful comments left on my blog that were more against our church than against Prop 8.
-I have viewed commercials that were blatant lies against Prop 8 and our church.
-I know many other people who have endured much, much, more than this.
I have not enjoyed any of this, but I would do it again to protect my religious rights and what I believe is ordained of God.
The Yes on 8 campaigners that I know kept their integrity, while many of the opponents choose to fight dirty. The Sacred Institution of Marriage has been restored in California thanks to the many volunteers who have worked so hard. Thank you California for "getting out the vote"!
Here is a great site I found to follow any results from all California elections:
cbs2.com
3 comments:
That was a pretty brutal fight... but we did it! Way to go California! Way to go!
I am so proud of all you who stood tall amidst such persecution. My dad called me and told me about the results about an hour ago. There are so many people who have a hard time distinguishing the person from the sin and assume they are their sin or in their words "this is who I am." It sickens me. I'm so glad you guys worked so hard and can see the positive results.
good for you melu and everyone else who was involved!!!!!
Post a Comment