Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Update
Thank you for all of your well wishes when I was sick. It is nice to know that people care and that there are a few of you who read my blog! With the help of my prescription plus some over the counter stuff, I have got my heartburn under control and since Friday have been able to eat without pain. I went to the doctor today and all my tests were normal, which means there is no major problem, but I do have GERD (an acronym that basically means chronic acid reflux). I need to continue to take the medicine for 6-8 weeks and I am hopeful the condition will correct itself so I won't have to be on medicine for the rest of my life. For now, I am just happy I can eat again and feel normal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So glad to hear it -- I've been thinking about you!
I'm so glad that something is helping. They probably told you this, but if you avoid certain foods, mostly those with any flavor, you can most likely manage it without meds ;) Hah! Just thinking about brownies or pizza makes my stomach scream out warnings of, "you'll regret it!" Good luck!
phew! What a relief!! Glad to know things are looking up!
So glad to hear it...okay, I really started typing this and then I glanced over and saw what Bethany wrote....oh well, great minds think alike, right?? Anyways, I'm glad you're going better.
Post a Comment