Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sweet Little Charity

Charity will be two weeks tomorrow and is doing great! We took her into the doctor today and her jaundice is at a normal level for her age and the nurse was quite impressed with her weight gain. She is 5 pounds 7 ounces, which is 10 ounces more than her birth weight. Most babies get back to their birth weight at two weeks, so she is gaining really well. She is a little more wakeful now and is content when she is awake. At night, she sleeps better than my boys did as newborns. She just seems happy to be here and we are happy she is here too!
I am doing pretty well. This has definitely been my best recovery, probably because it was my worst pregnancy and my body is just happy to not be pregnant anymore! We are all adjusting to life with a third child. The boys are making sure they still get plenty of attention, even though that attention is not always positive. I have been very grateful to those who have helped entertain my boys in the last two weeks-it has given me much needed breaks! I know we will get our rhythm again, in time.

Great Grandma and Aunt Debbie came to see Charity this week...

The Bow
The pink bow on Charity's head has been there since birth. They plopped it right on top of her head as soon as she was born. Some kind of surgical ointment kept it on until Monday, when we could give her a bath. I like bows, but this one was seriously smack dab in the middle of her head so I was happy to see it come off!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

She is a Sweet Little Charity--growing and changing every day! Love, Grandma