We introduced the Reformation time period to the kids by having them put on a play! One of the amazing moms in our school groups organized it and her husband, who is a published author, wrote the play! It was a fun way to introduce some new concepts to the kids.
Here are the priests (Tanner) trying to sell indulgences to the villagers (Hunter).
It was a cute time travel play and all of the actors did a great job!
We also did some sketches of animals in honor of Durer, our featured artist for this unit!
We finished off the day by making natural air fresheners of the day (oranges with cloves). Our car smelled so good on our drive home!
All the kids in attendance that day!
I am so excited to teach my kids about this important time in history! I am also so pleased that Hunter independently has already connected Martin Luther's search for truth to Joseph Smith's search as a young man. I love it when my kids can find meaning of something on their own.


No comments:
Post a Comment