Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday!

Tanner turned 7 today! We celebrated all day...

Morning presents and phone call from Grandma (where her whole class sings Happy Birthday to the birthday boy!)

A trip to Victoria Gardens with school friends to see the play, Treasure Island (we loved it, definitely for older kids though due to some scary parts!)

And the highlight of the day- a Star Wars Party with some of our favorite Star Wars fanatics....
Tanner was so excited about this party. We only invited a few friends. (We are having a massive family party tomorrow, and I can only handle so much!) I asked Tanner what he wanted to do for his party and he said "Eat Star Wars food and play. I don't want any games or actvities." So, that is what we did. We ate Tie fighter Ties, Jabba Jiggle, and made R2-D2 treats.

Instead of cake, Tanner wanted Princess Leia Danish Do's. (Danishes that look like the buns on the side of her head).
All the kids thought the food was great. The kids kept busy building Lego Star Wars things and then running around playing with them. They sure were easy to keep entertained.

The only real activity I snuck in was a book exchange. Instead of the guests bringing presents, I asked each child to bring a new or lightly used book for a book exchange. (I got this idea from a friends blog- love those blogs!) This way I didn't end up with a bunch of gifts we don't really need and all the kids go home with something useful. It worked out really well! Everyone was happy with their new treasure. Only one boy was a little disappointed with the book he got, luckily I had a few extras and let him choose another one which he loved (Star Wars coloring book-$1 at Michaels!)
Hunter is proud of the his new book!


We are so grateful that Tanner is part of our family. We are so proud of our little peanut who used to keep us up all night and now has grown into such a sweet, intelligent seven year old boy!


Happy Birthday Tan-Man
We love you!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday, Tanner! That was a wonderful party that you planned for your friends. I love you! Grandma

Packer Family said...

Happy Birthday Tanner! You are such a creative Mom!