Sunday, May 9, 2010

One Grateful Mother


I am so grateful to be the mother of two sweet boys. In these past seven years of motherhood, I have learned so much from them. They have taught me how to love unconditionally, increased my compassion toward others, taught me how to laugh at difficult situations, and helped my on path at developing patience. I have absolutely loved spending each day with them discovering this world together. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father placed these two sweet little guys in our home.
I certainly would not be the mother I am (which is very much a work in progress!) without the example of my own mother and mother-in-law. They are wonderful examples of service and love. I am thankful everyday for their love and support.
Of course I couldn't do it without Ladd. He is my rock and I would certainly be lost without him. I am so glad my boys have such a wonderful dad to look up to. He goes off to work hard each day so that our kids will be provided for and I can stay home with the boys. He even deals with my very early alarm going off each morning so I can have a little time of my own before I have to put on my mommy face. I love him so much.


Wishing you all a Very Happy Mother's Day!

(The pictures on this post were taken by my friend Suzanne as a Mother's Day Present!)

3 comments:

The Milligan Blog said...

What a sweet post Melu! It totally made me cry. A happy cry of course :) being a mom is the best! And you are certainly one of a kind!

Ruth said...

Ditto to what Lawni said! You are the best mom to my sweet little grandsons. I hope you have a wonderful day. I love you. Mom

Sarah Hull said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the best! I look up to you SO much! I hope you have the best Mother's day! You deserve it!