Thursday, May 20, 2010

Medieval Times

Our Charter School offered a field trip to Medieval Times. What a perfect trip to have at the end of our "Magical Kingdom of Books" year!
Our Lovely Princesses and Handsome Knights!

We cheered for the Blue Knight! Go Blue!!
Hunter was a little fearful of getting too close to the Knight and did NOT want a picture with him!

Eating with their fingers-no utensils in the Dark Ages! Tanner was pretty sure they didn't have water bottles back then either- oh well!
They serve you a whole cornish game hen and I am pretty sure Tanner ate the entire thing plus all the sides (corn, potatoes, bread, and his favorite, chocolate chip cookie!) He is starting to develop the appetite of a big boy-YIKES!

Last time I went to Medieval Times I was in eighth grade and was thoroughly impressed. When I walked into the arena today, it seemed quite a bit smaller than I remembered and the show was not as spectacular as I remembered either. This means I am getting old as this is not the first time I have been disappointed by things that I remember from my youth. However, my kids thought it was absolutely amazing and played "Knights" the remainder of the day. Luckily, they will hold on to that memory-until they take their own kids!
I love these little Knights!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I love those little knights, too. Sounds and looks like a great day! Love, Grandma

Becky said...

How majestic! Those knights and ladies look fabulous. You know, I don't think I've ever gone there, pathetic isn't it. I must take my boys and girls :) one of these times we go down for a visit.