Sunday, May 30, 2010
Just say No!
I should have learned this lesson long ago, but somehow forgot it these past two weeks. We have been nonstop and I should have just said "No!" to some of the things we did. Hunter is sick and so am I and I know it is because we just ran ourselves into the ground. We listened to the Sign of the Beaver in the car as we were driving so much this week. I yearned to have a life more like Matt's from the book. He lived in a simple one bedroom cabin and relied on his environment for his food. All that mattered to him was his livelihood and being with his family. Sometimes I wish I could take my family away from all the modern "conveniences" and just enjoy one another- and not have anywhere to go! So, I am looking forward to this next week- with much less activity-to just try to catch up on the simple life I missed while we were running around from one event to the next. Will I ever learn to simplify?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I totally agree with you and often feel the same way. Until, that is, I need a hot bath.
And you're right, just say "no." It feels really good and it gets easier every time you say it.
That was the best part of getting prego with Levi. I dropped almost everything and rarely get stressed. I am not saying get prego or anything but find a reason to give yourself permission :)
I loved this post and could not agree more. I long for slow/quite days and then I look at my calender and it's out of control! I keep saying "one day it will slow down" and instead it only gets more crazy!!!
Post a Comment