Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Family History

Our final unit of our Time Detectives theme for school this year is Family History. We thought that after studying ancient history, it would be fun to study history that was a little closer to home.
We learned that the best way to learn about Family History is to talk to someone in your family who has lived for a long time. So, I took the boys to my Grandma's house today. Tanner had prepared an interview with her. He did a great job. And, it was fun for me to hear her stories too. I love my Grandma and am so grateful that my kids have such a wonderful great grandma in their lives. She has always been a great example to me. I am so glad we got the interview on video, as I know it is something we will cherish. Blogger couldn't seem to upload my video (maybe because it was too long?) so it's not on the blog. But, if anyone has advice on getting a longer video on the blog, please share!


I also taught a few genetics science classes to the kids where we learned about cells, chromosomes, and genes. It is fun learning about that with siblings who each show family traits, yet all have their individual look.
Making Model Chromosomes...

No comments: