Monday, May 30, 2011

Did's and Didn'ts of last week

I did manage to keep our last week of school much less stressful than years past. We did:
-go to our last day of PE class (soccer)...

-go to the Redlands temple grounds to talk about the importance of family history work...

-have a last day of school celebration at the park with friends where we reviewed what we learned through the year with a game of Time Detective Jeopardy and an ancient coin dig.

We didn't get in our annual Open House for school this year, but we did show off our school room and some of our work to grandparents who stop by!
Pictures of our completed school room:
Creation Board

Time Detective Journals

"Mount Olympus" and Time Line

Ancient Culture Lap Books

I didn't manage to sleep well all week. (notice time that this was posted!!)

I did make it to my 36 week doctors appointment. Here we learned that the baby is small for her gestational age and she is breech. I didn't seem concerned about a breech baby, since I will have a c-section no matter what. But, my doctor did seem a bit concerned, apparently it can turn into an emergency if your water breaks with a breech baby. I have been having irregular contractions all week, so my doctor did recommend getting an off work order (we all know mom's don't really ever get out of "work"), staying off my feet, and drinking lots of water to keep baby in for a little longer.

Ladd and I didn't have any kids with us when we celebrated our ten year anniversary with a nice quiet dinner out. :)

We did celebrate my dad's birthday with a yummy dinner, cake, and ice cream. We didn't manage to get any pictures though because my eldest child, who knows he is not allowed to play with Mom's camera but thought he could handle it, did manage to break our brand new camera right before the celebration. :(

The boys didn't seem to mind that school is over for the summer, and neither did their mom. We are ready for a little break before our life gets flipped upside down with a baby!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Hope you get some sleep before your new little girl joins you!

Ruth said...

The school room looked great and Tanner was able to tell me so much about what he has learned this year! Great job! Now, enjoy summer...! Love, Grandma

Jenn said...

I don't honestly don't know how you do it all, especially so pregnant. You better take a few days to yourself before Charity gets here!