Sunday, January 27, 2008

We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet


Today, Gordon B. Hinckley, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, passed away. He died at home with all of his children near his bedside. He was 97 years old and lived his life fully to the very end. Just a few days ago he was hard at work in his office and speaking publicly at the Utah State Capital. Earlier this month, we were able to hear from him at stake conference via Satellite. We are so grateful for his life. He was a wonderful leader to millions of people. As members of the Church, we believe that he was a prophet, called of God, to lead us in these latter days. He served as President and Prophet of the church for thirteen years. He was prophet when I joined the Church, and I will always hold him dear to my heart. One of President Hinckley's teachings that I hold dearest are that families can be together forever. Through the blessings of the temple, families can be sealed for all time and eternity and never be separated. Pres. Hinckley worked hard to build temples throughout the world so more people could receive this wonderful blessing of eternal marriage. The importance of the family was something that was close to Pres. Hinckley's heart and he spoke often about. Pres. Hinckley had an unwavering testimony of his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Twice a year, we hear from him at the General Conference of the Church. He always let us know how much he loved us and how much our Savior loved us. We will miss Pres. Hinckley and I hope that I can live my life in a manner that demonstrates my love of him. To learn more about the church go to www.mormon.org.

No comments: