Today, I turned 29. Yikes-I am old! I can't be described as someone in their mid twenties anymore. Here are a few things that prove my age:
-I say the word "appropriate" at least once a day, a word I DESPISED when I was young.
-When I have a choice, Talk radio is what I choose to listen to.
-Politics, which I have discovered is basically an ongoing soap opera for old guys, is one of my top interests, something I could care less about as a mid-twenty something.
-I am known only as "Tanner's Mom" to all the kids on my street.
-For my Birthday, I asked for a set of filing cabinets and a sewing basket and was thrilled when I got them!
-It has been more than a decade since I was in high school.
-My baby will be five years old soon!
-Awhile ago I ran into my high school history teacher (Ms. Lambert, for those of you Braves). She just had her first baby and was debating on whether to go back to work. I was encouraging her to stay home and enjoy her baby because they are so little for such a short time and the monetary sacrifices would be worth it, etc. I was giving my teacher parenting advice-if that is not old I don't know what is!
-My body aches at night.
-I can already feel the "pizookie" and chocolate birthday cake I had tonight and I know that they will stick around for much longer than I would like them to.
-I have known Ladd for almost half of my life.
Here's to being 29!
1 comment:
I know I'm getting old too. The other day I put on a radio station that all my young women listen to and I could best describe it as "noise". I hated when my dad would call my music noise. I'm starting to understand.
Post a Comment