Friday, January 9, 2009

More Snow!

On Saturday, we headed up to the snow again to kick off our new unit for school: "Catching the Cold with Polar Explorers". The kids were visited by Earnest Shackleton, an explorer who had an amazing adventure in Antarctica. Earnest shared his story and brought the kids sleds so they could enjoy the cold as much as he did! The kids had a great time and it got them excited to start up school after the holiday break!

Here we are with the very handsome, brave, and intelligent Earnest Shackleton:

1 comment:

Sarah Hull said...

You had Bryant and I cracking up!!! I did not enlarge the picture at first and I was like: "Wow, look at Melissa getting Earnest Shackleton to come and speak to her kids about polar explorers..." THEN when you said "very handsome..." I was like "wow, melissa has a mini crush on Earnest and they are standing mighty close!" That is when I enlarged the picture because Earnest started to look a little more familiar and then I started cracking up and ran to tell bryant the story!

SO Fantastic!!!

You are a brave soul to do two snow trips in one week!