Friday, January 2, 2009

Ring in 2009...


With Good Friends

We spent New Years Eve and New Years Day in Big Bear with our long time friends the Bishops and the Hulls. We used to do this when we were all first married but the last time we were up there together was when all three of us were pregnant, with our first child! We decided to rekindle the tradition this year and I am glad we did! It was a little crazy with 6 adults and 7 kids, but the non stop laughter made it all worth it!



With Good Food
Adam spoiled us with Prime Rib and Crab legs for dinner on New Years Eve! I think Ladd ate almost Hunter's weight in meat. I never tried crab legs before but was pleasantly surprised. Good thing the next day was New Years so we could all get started on our Healthy New Years resolutions! (Yeah Right-no healthy eating ever takes place in Big Bear!!) We all ate plenty for breakfast and lunch and none of us ever felt a hunger pain the whole time we were there!

and With Good Snow!!!
New Years Day was spent sledding, snowman building, and any other kind of fun that is to be had in the snow. Tanner has turned into quite the sledder and was hard to keep inside. He loves the snow!
Maybe he doesn't complain because I just kept throwing all the old snow clothes I could find in the cabin on him so there was no way any cold air would reach him. Not so stylish, but warm!

Hunter, on the other hand, does not think all the bundling that takes place before going out is worth it. He spent about five minutes in the snow. He had fun anyways playing with all the extra friends that were around! When we got home he kept saying "Happy New Year!" and then giggling.

Happy 2009!
We are looking forward to all the adventures that 2009 will bring our way...

6 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

SO fun!!! Thanks again for hosting the PARTY of the year! Looking forward to getting together again soon. We sure love you guys!

Becky said...

That Big Bear place is awesome and how nice that you could all meet up there and I'm sure you're glad you weren't all pregnant this time.

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Happy New Year, love all that snow!Glad you had a good Holidays too!

Lisa R said...

Hey- I'm glad you found our blog. Your boys are big. Looks like you had a fun time in Big Bear. Happy New Year!

Stacey Bishop said...

YEAH!! that was so fun! Thanks so much!

Reggs said...

So good to see you all together! This looked like a blast.