Friday, January 23, 2009

Stop Growing Already!

The number one advice I got as a new mother was: "Enjoy your kids when they are little. Before you know it they will be graduating high school." I have tried to really enjoy these years while my kids are little.

The other night Ladd commented: "What is with all of Hunter's new words? And when did Tanner turn into a big kid?" And yesterday, while I was at Enrichment Night for Church, Ladd said Tanner put himself to bed! They were sitting at the kitchen table eating ice cream and Tanner said, "I am tired. I am going to bed. Good night Daddy!" He walked up the stairs climbed into bed and we didn't hear from him until this morning!

Even though I am trying to take my time enjoying these little ones, they are still growing too fast!

1 comment:

Becky said...

If I ever heard my kids say that they were tired and were going to bed they'd see my jaw drop and would have to put it back in place when they woke up in the morning because I would still be in a state of shock.
They grow up way too fast!